Picture
We at F&G love chicken. We also love grilled, spicy food. Come to think of it, we love blue cheese and crispy celery. Add all of these together and you have the perfect opportunity to prepare and indulge in what possibly may be the perfect protein - the chicken wing.

Not so long ago, the wing was not really the "thing" - but instead was initially scrap meat. Urban legend has it that a young bar keep in upstate NY started serving the cheapest piece of chicken he could buy, and the buffalo wing was born. Since, there are many variations including brined, Thai, Chinese, hot, sweet, grilled, fried gourmet and bar snacks.

At F&G, we take our wings seriously. We have grilled, fried, broiled and baked. Brined, dry rubbed, and basted - there is not a technique we have not applied. After many tastings by friends and family, we have come upon a recipe that combines the best of all recipes, and makes our samplings much easier to attend.

This recipe does take time, but we think all good things come to those who work hard and apply themselves. Good Luck !
Chicken Wings Picture
Spicy Chicken WIngs - Courtesy Flickr/Izik
Ingredients

1/2 pound (per serving) of mixed drummettes and wingettes separated
salt and pepper to taste
2 tblsp of unsalted butter
1 jar of wing sauce of your choice
4 oz fresh blue cheese
1 jar of favorite blue cheese dressing
1 bnch of fresh celery

Preheat oven to 280 deg F.
Place wings in shallow baking pan, and season with salt and pepper. (You can add further dry rubs at this point, be we prefer to keep the seasonings simple)
Loosely cover with Tin Foil
Place in oven for 2.5 hours
Remove from oven, and let sit for 10 minutes
Drain all liquid from the pan
Heat grill to high and chop celery into 4" strips
Mix fresh blue cheese with dressing in a serving bowl and garnish with celery

When grill is hot, place wings on grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until browned nicely.
Transfer wings to heat proof bowl, and toss with favorite sauce and the butter
Serve immediately

You can also finish the wings in hot frying oil, but we prefer the taste of the grill.
  ENJOY !!!

Comments

12/10/2010 17:58

The supreme purpose of life is to seek and create beauty of the living world.

07/18/2013 07:23

I love to eat and I am very grateful for your ideas. Summer is the time for outdoor recreation. I love to barbecue.

01/16/2013 07:46

Oh how I love those wings =P
I even can't imagine any party without those tastes! And another compare is the Simpsons)))

03/12/2013 13:32

Wow, very interesting article. It’s funny how history can be twisted in so many different ways. keep it up..

09/09/2013 09:43

Should you learned a bit spoken properly manager, this many of us speak to petite direct. It may well add up to really amazing go over for you because of this subject so to study the toes bunch. He or she declare almost any website page along at the blogger, following a elevation, the thing was basically remaining more serious and also more serious, should not be smiled and told me for most of us - your ex misshapen keeps awaken!

11/01/2013 01:55

He gets a pass this year. But I am worried about some things next year. Hopefully the FO won’t sit on their hands again.

11/20/2013 20:55

Great blog article about this topic,I have been lately in your blog once or twice now.I just wanted to say hi and show my thanks for the information provided…

11/26/2013 21:32

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really helpful information. Keep it up.

The design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Great work.

This posting is marvelous and what a fantastic research that you have done. It has helped me a lot. thank you very much. Feel free to visit my buy portfolio lighting site.

However, a standard failing of each is usually however humans interpret and implement the theories in up to date business environments. as an example, Enron was thus centered on the raising the value of their stock that they “cooked the books to supply pretend profits

01/17/2014 00:22

I have enjoyed this article so much that I have read it multiple times and plan on coming back for any other articles you may publish.

01/19/2014 23:20

Excellent and valuable information and facts. Why not write a e-book about this subject matter.For today’s financial fluctuation and not enough options

01/23/2014 01:27

If I were to conduct a series of webinars, which topics would you most like me to cover?

There is no question that instantaneous water heaters are good options to trust in terms of their water heating services. However, you need to know that not all kinds of this water heater will work best for you.

02/26/2014 02:22

This is a very informative introduction. I hope you will keep us update about environmental conversation.